ADSM-L

Antw: Upgrade v2 -> v3

1999-03-03 06:30:25
Subject: Antw: Upgrade v2 -> v3
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT MAIL.LVR DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:30:25 +0100
Hi,

when we made the upgrade we install V3 seperate, so that two ADSM-Systems was
running. New Archives and Backups only run to the new ADSM. After some time all
Archives and Backups at the old ADSM was expired and we deleted the old System.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Wolfgang Herkenrath
 InfoKom
Tel: 0221/809-3490
Fax: 0221/82841030
eMail: w.herkenrath AT mail.lvr DOT de

>>> "S.F.Westbroek" <S.F.Westbroek AT H-W DOT NL> 02.03.99 16:32:23 >>>
Hello,

I'm a bit confused over the upgrading process v2 -> v3:

Should I simply install v3 over v2 or should I remove v2 first?
Do I have to run a DSMSERV UPGRADEDB?
Are there special things I should consider when using DRM and upgrading
v2 -> v3?

Thanks,