ADSM-L

Re: Questions about ADSM with AFS or DCE/DFS

1999-03-02 10:04:03
Subject: Re: Questions about ADSM with AFS or DCE/DFS
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:04:03 +0100
Hello,
we use ADSM with AFS and DFS.
The Transarc SE is wrong. There is not much difference between AFS and
DFS with regard to ADSM. In both cases files can be dumped on a file
base with ACLs as well as on the volume/fileset base.
We rn HSM on a local filesystem which is exported into DFS. It works
well except for shutdown. The shutdown -F command hangs with the
dfsexport -detach command for this filesystem. I just opened a PMR.
Regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany