ADSM-L

Tapes Dissapearing

1999-02-24 14:52:39
Subject: Tapes Dissapearing
From: Wes Lewison <WesLewison AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:52:39 -0500
        I've been noticing that over the past couple of months, once and a
while the vault retrieve list will be missing a tape or two from the
previous day.  Nothing has been done to the tape... it's still sitting
offsite with no changes to it's mode since the day before.  I think there
might be a timeout for returning tapes and it's going past that...  Does
anyone know if this variable exists and how to set it?
        A couple of days ago i went through the vault and library and found
over 100 tapes that neither of our two adsm servers knew about any longer...
I was wondering where they were all going.  Guess they were forgotten?

-Wes Lewison