ADSM-L

Re: Informing clients when their bac

1999-02-24 13:12:57
Subject: Re: Informing clients when their bac
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:12:57 -0500
We have also occasionally had users who complain that they can't get a log
when they push a backup from the GUI, don't know if anybody has ever
submitted that as a requirement to IBM.

FWIW, for those people I recommend that they run the backup from the command
line - you can redirect the output to a log file then, I think it is the
same output you would get from the scheduler.

Then you could just give your laptop manager-type users a 1-line script or
icon to run - they wouldn't even have to open the GUI and make all those
mouse clicks to run a backup!