ADSM-L

How to predict what tapes will be mounted in a restore

1999-02-24 11:00:25
Subject: How to predict what tapes will be mounted in a restore
From: McAllister Craig-WCM033 <Craig_McAllister AT EUROPE36.MOT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:00:25 -0000
How can I do this?

        I know that by using "show volumeusage nodename" (or query
equivalent) I can say what volumes a particular node uses, but I need to
know what tapes it will use, and in what order, for the restore of a
particular filesystem within that node.

        I think there's possibly something on the dsmc command line to do
with a preview option, but I'm not sure.

        I want to do this for NT (ADSM NT client 3.1.0.6) on an AIX server
(3.1.0.0 or 3.1.2.1  - whatever works...)