ADSM-L

ADSM server 3.1.2.13 hang-up

1999-02-24 08:48:30
Subject: ADSM server 3.1.2.13 hang-up
From: Marco Ventura <Marco.Ventura AT INRANGE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:48:30 -0500
All,

When backing up an NT client to an NT ADSM server the backup terminates but
there are no error in the activity log or in the client log files. At this point
the "q se" command still displays a live session but nothing is going on. Even
canceling the session doesn't remove the session from the "q se".

Then I shut down the ADSM server and try to restart it and it doesn't see the
Database. Proceeding with shutting down NT the NT server hangs at the "Shutting
down in progress saving unsaved data to disk" message. The NT server has to be
powered off and restarted.

After bringing the NT server back on the system runs fine until you try to
backup again. We currently are backup to NT clients.

There are no error displayed in ADSM or NT event logging.

Thanks
Marco