ADSM-L

Activity log messaegs

1999-02-23 10:32:42
Subject: Activity log messaegs
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:32:42 -0500
Tom La Porte wrote:
> For example, it appears that the end of a  "BACKUP
> STORAGE POOL" process may sometimes be indicated with an ANR0986I
> message, which indicates the number of items and bytes
> processed. It is also indicated sometimes with an ANR0985I
> message, which does *not* indicate the number of items or the
> bytes processed.

In my experience, the ANR0985I message occurs when the copy storage pool is
already up to date and no files need to be copied. I have run into a similar
dichotomy in connection with the EXPIRE command. It normally generates message
ANR0987I, but will generate message ANR0985I if no files are found to qualify
for expiration.