ADSM-L

Re: Access to tape contents without database

1999-02-23 10:23:37
Subject: Re: Access to tape contents without database
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:23:37 -0600
     restore the DB (best you can... most recent  backup copy)

     then you have to perform an audit volume against any and all volumes
     touched since the backup you restored from

     I don't believe that will give you any "new" data back... just drop
     pointers to data that doesn't exist any more on those tapes...

     I know this is a poor time to say this but
        What about those DB copies and LOG copies ?

     later,
            Dwight