ADSM-L

NT Backup & restore

1999-02-23 08:02:57
Subject: NT Backup & restore
From: Marco Ventura <Marco.Ventura AT INRANGE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:02:57 -0500
All,

I've run into a situation where I have two files. The files are listed below:

        Include accounts.xls
        Includ~1.xls

By the names of the files it looks like the same file, the long filename and the
short filename. The two files are in the same directory. Some of the
characteristics are same file size and different date and time.

During a backup (ADSM backup/archive ver 3.1.0.3) ADSM backs up both file as
separate and independent files.

During restores adsm detects that the file already exists and asks if you want
to replace.
Include accounts.xls is restored first then includ~1.xls which is when you are
asked if you want to replace.

Where not using ADSM client ver 3.1.0.6 due to some of the problems that exist
especially the application error we get when using the dsmcutil to setup a
backup schedule service. It creates the service but it doesn't work.

Thanks
Marco