ADSM-L

AW: BACKINT - restoring to another host

1999-02-23 05:26:11
Subject: AW: BACKINT - restoring to another host
From: Christoph Kuemmel-Schulte <Christoph.Kuemmel-Schulte AT BERTELSMANN DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:26:11 +0100
You can do a restore of an SAP R/3 backup with BACKINT. Just customize your
parameter fíles dsm.sys and init<SID>.utl to fit your source system and get
the back<old SID>.log (rename it to back<new SID>.log) and the log file of
the backup (*.anf, *.aff).

You than can restore your system through brrestore (min 3.1G). This will
automatically adapt the files you restore. However you should have the same
filesystem structure in your source and target system. The restore will end
with a warning (the waring is that you have changed your SID).

If you want to use another FS stucture create a parameter file for the input
of BACKINT.

Christoph Kümmel-Schulte