ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:47:38
We knocked together a fairly simple little script that does a "query volume
acce=of st=emp" and routes the result to a printer. This takes care of all
the ADSM managed tapes, and leaves only the database backups to deal with.

We put copies of the volume history, device config, and selected volume
lists on a floppy as part of our database backup, and strap these floppies
to the database tape before it goes off-site. They're color-coded by week,
and labeled with the day of week. When our weekly pull process occurs, we
just grab the database tapes with next week's floppies on them.

We use a three-week rotation, with Red, Orange, and Yellow floppies - so if
we're writing Red this week, the weekly pull will bring back all the Orange.

Reasonably simple, and (so far) quite effective.

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Analyst
NIBCO, Inc.