ADSM-L

More Questions on DR Without DRM

1999-02-22 11:57:34
Subject: More Questions on DR Without DRM
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:57:34 -0500
Hi all,

     I got some good information from a couple of you on how you get tapes
for offsite movement ejected from your IBM 3494 library (with an AIX ADSM
server) - thanks for that!  Now, can any of you that are sending tapes
offsite with an AIX server clue me in on how you are managing the tapes
while they're offsite??  I.E., how do you know when to bring them back?
How do you alert your offsite location to send them back?  I'm basically an
MVS'er, and am totally lost without a tape management system!  Do some of
you have homegrown TMS's or what?

                         Thanks in advance,

                         Ginny