ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:47:37
Hi dear ADSMr's,
=A0
Has anybody encountered any memory problems with the 3.1.0.6 baclient ?
Does the fixtest IC22800J4.EXE addresse this memory problems?
Hardware:
Digital prioris 6000 with two=A0 pentium Pro 200's and 128MB memory.
This machine is a one of two sharing a 70 GB redundant RAID.=20
These servers are clients of our ADSM Server 3.1.2.13
We are using ADSM since late October 1998.
Both servers where running NT 3.51 and required frequent rebooting due =
the filemanager not responding.
We where not sure what caused this problem.We upgraded one of the =
servers to
NT4 and=A0 3.1.0.6 baclient.
After the overnight backup we couldn't access this server and this was =
due
to the lack of available memory.
The test this afternoon showed that the baclient used the available =
memory
(70MB) and didn't release it after we stopped the backup.
We also compared the 3.1.0.5 client and noticed that it didn't release =
some
of the memory on the NT3.51 with the 3.1.0.5 client but over time this =
is
most likely to cause us problems.
I've noticed that solaris and digital alpha's have this problem but I =
didn't
read about any Intel based servers having memory leakage problems.
The backup overnight finished without any problems but we had to reboot =
the
server in the morning as it was unusable. The actlog showed about =
257000
objects for one server and 255000 objects for the other server. The =
service
requires about 500 bytes per object to process. So I require about =
100MB for
this process.
The process should still run reasonably well with this amount of =
memory.
I'm sure there will be much larger windows NT4 clients out there with =
an NT4
ADSM server version 3.1.2.13
Can you please tell me if you have any similar problems?
Have you fixed it and what are the fixes?
=A0
I.m looking forward to your responses and I thank you all for your help =
!
=A0
Have a G'day !
=A0
=A0
Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT vic.bigpond.net DOT au <mailto:lhumar AT vic.bigpond.net DOT au>=20