ADSM-L

Re: TCP/IP failures

1999-02-22 09:15:43
Subject: Re: TCP/IP failures
From: Mathew Kovach <mkovach AT FREEBSD.NACS DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:15:43 -0500
On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 09:00:06AM -0500, Michael Dummitt wrote:
> I'm kind of new at the ADSM ballgame and I have a couple
> of questions.
>
> I am getting messages on the client side saying
> "TCP/IP communications failure". Thats it, no ANS
> message code. It is only happening consistantly
> on a few servers.

TCP/IP communciations failures and basically just that.  The client and
server and not talking to each other for some reason.  I usually get this
when there is a server problem and the server is rejecting connections.

> I also am getting an error ANS5166E - error saving registry.

If you goto

http://www.storage.ibm.com/software/adsm/pubs/admanual.htm

You can find the Messages manual :)

> If anyone has any info regarding these it would be appreciated.

Hope that helps a little bit, come back if you need anything else