ADSM-L

Storage Pool Question

1999-02-18 14:33:57
Subject: Storage Pool Question
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:33:57 -0500
Hello everyone, I have a couple questions regarding storage pools.

First let me tell you my dilemma. When I first setup ADSM running on Windows
NT, I had to use the Windows NT Driver for the tape drive so ADSM defined
the drive as a GENERICTAPE type device. I then created two tape storage
pools, once copy pool and one for migration from the disk storage pool. Now
I have a new tape library with three tape drives of the same type as the one
I have now, (Sony AIT) but in order to use the library I had to use the ADSM
SCSI Driver. So the device type for these drives are 8mm and they are in a
different adsm library (AITLIB).
Now we want to send the single external tape drive to our disaster recovery
site. My problem is how do I use the existing tapes in the library. Can I
create new storage pools for the 3 drives and move the volumes from the old
pools to the new ones? Should I create new storage pools and do a backup of
the storage pools from the old ones to the new ones and then delete the old
volumes?

Any help would be appreciated,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.