ADSM-L

Re: Still asking new questions....

1999-02-18 08:57:19
Subject: Re: Still asking new questions....
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:57:19 +0200
Hi Joel,

You can do a few things depending on what version of
ADSM you are going to run:
1) Still use a VB program to interrogate the ADSM log
that gets written out to the client machine.
2) Use a query filespace for the given client on the ADSM
server to see when last the machine has backed up.
3) Use a SQL query on the server side to get a list
of clients who have not completed their backups for
x number of days.

We used to go for option 2 but since upgrading to V3
we have been using the SQL queries that has been
working fine.

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA

=

I've been on this list for awhile but we still haven't implemented
our NT clients. I'm still using ARCServe for NT.

Can anyone tell me how you're monitoring the client events?

For ARCServe, I run a VB program that scans the activity logs.

For ADSM, I'll have about 50 NT servers as clients and I don't
want to go crazy checking them manually.

Thanks in advance,

Joel Cooper
Deloitte & Touche LLP

=