ADSM-L

Re: remote install of ADSM

1999-02-18 09:00:59
Subject: Re: remote install of ADSM
From: Ron Nannenberg <R.A.Nannenberg AT DNB DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:00:59 +0100
Leo,

To do an unattended install from a command prompt first create the
setup.iss file with setup -r
on a reference machine and copy the setup.iss file to the install
directory.
Then try the install on the actual machine with the following command

setup -S -F1"{path}\setup.iss" -SMS

I'have updated several NT 4.0 machines remote with this in a command file.
The command file looks like:

COMMAND File

@cls
@echo off
Echo Installing ADSM PTF 21494

Net Stop "ADSM Client Acceptor" 1>nul 2>nul
Net Stop "ADSM Remote Client Agent" 1>nul 2>nul
Net Stop "ADSM Scheduler Service" 1>nul 2>nul

C:
CD "\Temp\Ip21494"
SETUP.EXE -S -F1"C:\Temp\IP21494\Setup.ISS" -SMS

Regedit /s C:\Temp\IP21494\Acceptor.reg
Regedit /s C:\Temp\IP21494\Scheduler.reg

Net Start "ADSM Client Acceptor" 1>nul 2>nul
Net Start "ADSM Scheduler Service" 1>nul 2>nul

net send {your own machine} Install done
exit

REGISTRY File to update the services to startup
automatic instaid of manual

Acceptor.reg
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ADSM Client Acceptor]
"Start"=dword:00000002

Scheduler.reg
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ADSM Scheduler
Service]
"Start"=dword:00000002

Ron Nannenberg

Leo Humar <lhumar AT VIC.BIGPOND.NET DOT AU> on 16-02-99 23:48:23