ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:47:37
>Question. If I start backing up data on a Solaris 2.5.1 using ADSM,
>AIX 3.1.4 system and then upgrade to Solaris 2.6 will I have a problem
>with restores from the old version backups.  Logic tells me no.

I've got a similar setup here (Solaris talking to AIX [server 3.1.2.x]). We went
from Solaris 2.4 to 2.6 with no problems (new installation, *not* upgrade),
other
than having to migrate(*) from v2 to v3 client. This is on a system being used
wholly for Y2K testing so the system date can get a bit strange. =8-o

IMHO v3 client is **way** better than the v2, which is pretty horrid.

(*) "Migrate" in this case means deinstalling the v2 client, (done by default
when
we reinstalled the operating system), and using the v3 client instead.

Bob Cross.

--Boundary_(ID_RDrptRHaPHDoZ87KZvURXw)--