ADSM-L

Re: Moving dbvol

1999-02-16 10:39:32
Subject: Re: Moving dbvol
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:39:32 -0700
Are you sure about being able to move the volumes?  I used to think so until
I tried it on an NT server, moving a volume from the D: to E: drive and
changing the path in the dsmserv.dsk file.  When the server started up, it
complained about the moved one being missing.  I presume the 1 MB at the
head of every volume includes info like the path of other volumes.  In fact,
if I recall correctly, we move all the volumes, and it managed to open at
least one and read enough info from it to realise that all the others were
not where they "should" be.

I haven't tried it on AIX.  I would be interested to hear from someone who
actually did it and had it work.  Actually, I suppose it wouldn't take too
much time to test it on a test server, now wouldn't it?

Cheers...
Bruce

--
Bruce Elrick, Ph.D.