ADSM-L

Question on when versions no longer exist

1999-02-16 08:48:23
Subject: Question on when versions no longer exist
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:48:23 -0500
My NT staff is in the process of doing 'server consolidation'; I'm wondering
what that is going to do to my ADSM database. The question becomes one of
when (or if) ADSM will determine files no longer exist on a server.
Basically, this is what is going on:

On Server_a a directory path of D:\L\O\N\G\ with about 100 files in
directory G. On Server_b, they create E:\L\O\ and then move N\G\ from
Server_a to Server_b. Will ADSM note that the files formerly in G on
Server_a are no longer there on the next backup? Directories N and G are
*both* gone from Server_a.

If ADSM does *not* expire the files on Server_a -- how do I do it? I do
*not* have access to or control of the NT environment; I only have the
server side of ADSM.

TIA

Tom Kauffman
kauffmant AT nibco DOT com