ADSM-L

Re: ADSM integration with EMASS and GRAU Library Robotic System

1999-02-12 16:38:19
Subject: Re: ADSM integration with EMASS and GRAU Library Robotic System
From: Alan White <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:38:19 -0000
Hi Adrian

We just made our corporate standard EMASS libraries but with AIX servers so
far. Never tested it with sun but EMASS have a product called ESM (Emass
Storage Manager) which is basically a Sun box, AML/S (or other) and
implementation all bundled - a bit like IBMs 3466 but with non-IBM hardware.

Check it out on www.emass.com.

I have found the AML/S with AIT a great buy - some glitches with the device
support on AIX - needs special versions of the devices package.

The bigger libraries, AML/J communicate using the ADSM external library
manager. I have some good contacts in EMASS in US, UK and Germany. If you
want their details mail me but the company is very approachable and very
keen to remove any barriers to using ADSM with their product. I guess an
ABBA/E is an AML/E - we stayed away from them because of the concrete floor
requirements and the downtime required for major upgrade work. The linear
libraries are better from that perspective.

Regards
Alan