ADSM-L

Error occurred saving the registry key

1999-02-12 10:25:51
Subject: Error occurred saving the registry key
From: Marita Gonsalves <marita_gonsalves AT CARYACADEMY.PVT.K12.NC DOT US>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:25:51 -0500
We're running ADSM ver. 2.1 on Windows NT 4.0 both the server and client.
Over the last couple of days, I got the following error on one of the
clients:
ANS7643E: An error occurred saving the registry key.  This error was
followed by:
ANS7641E Registry backup failed.

I checked ADSM's Messages book and the response is to "see my system
administrator".  I checked the Registry and couldn't find anything that
would cause the backups (which was working fine for a while) on this client
to fail. The dsmerror log wasn't very helpful either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marita Gonsalves
IS Consultant