ADSM-L

Re: Chargeback to departments for ADSM usage

1999-02-12 10:02:08
Subject: Re: Chargeback to departments for ADSM usage
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:02:08 -0600
We do this.  We have Service Level Agreements with our clients and charge a
fixed monthly rate for up to a fixed about of data transferred.  If
accounting is turned on on your ADSM Server you can get this information from
the accounting records.  This is how we monitor how much data our clients are
transferring.   Our monthly charge was decided on based on a cost pool which
included the tapes, licensing fees, and manpower.  Our server is VM.

There was a thread on this list regarding this very subjet a while back, and
there was a lot of input.  You might want to check the archives of ADSM-L to
get more information.
get more information.

ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu on 02/12/99 07:52:10 AM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu @ INTERNET