ADSM-L

Re: dbbackuptrigger & paging space

1999-02-11 12:01:27
Subject: Re: dbbackuptrigger & paging space
From: Terence Louis <terence.louis AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:01:27 -0600
We had a similiar problem a month ago, where the recovery log would not
reset despite multiple backup.  Only when the ADSM server was recycled, did
the recovery log reset.  I have an open problem with IBM on this, and this
is their reply from IBM Level 2 up to now:

Received following information from Development:

I am not aware of any problems concerning the reduction ofthe recovery log
following a full database backup.  What is likely happening is that there
was a transaction still open with a recovery log record still open.
Following the database backup, the recovery log could not be synched past
that point and could not be reduced.  Sounds like the transaction was
orphaned.  If they have this problem again, have them do the following
commands:

SHOW  LOGSTATS, SHOW LOGSEGTABLE, SHOW LOGVARS, SHOW THREADS, Q PROCESS

We were running ADSM/MVS v31.1.3 then, and have since upgraded to v3.1.2.14
(with fixtest).  Have not seen that problem yet.  The other problem we have
is that our recovery log is 5.4 GB already, and the ADSM/MVS ADSM Admin
Guide documents the limit as 5.5 GB maximum for the recovery log.  Has
anyone tried a recovery log greater than 5.5 GB.

Regards,

Terence