ADSM-L

Re: transfer speed

1999-02-11 09:44:10
Subject: Re: transfer speed
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:44:10 +0100
We saw comparable performance, even with 2 escon connections to host
(os/390 1.3). In addition, our escon channel is 100 pct busy. At first,
we started to use compression on all high-volume nodes. Now we are
migrating our adsm to aix. It's frustrating to have comparable network
performance in a Million$ Big Iron than in a Thousand$PC. "The next
tcpip becomes faster" - I hear this since I hear of tcpip on mvs. Maybe
the stack in 2.7 is the first usable, IBM published a webstone
benchmark.

Regards
Roger