ADSM-L

Re: transfer speed

1999-02-10 23:10:56
Subject: Re: transfer speed
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:10:56 -0600
     If a 10 Mb pipe is all you have, set compression ON !
     also set tcpnodelay ON
     I take it your connection into MVS is not an OSA adapter...
     Make sure your MVS performance folks are giving adsm enough cpu
     cycles... you can kill adsm on mvs if it is tuned wrong.

     I have an AIX server that accepts 25 GB/hr from a single client so it
     can perform very well, thus it can grow with your needs.

     In our testing our current bottle neck in our slowest activity is the
     client dasd during a retrieve of an archived data base... this is due
     to the time spent writing the "mirrored" file once it gets to the
     client.  We can speed up the recovery time by turning off mirroring
     during the restore but that is just putting off paying the piper ;-)

     just some misc info
     later,
            Dwight