ADSM-L

Re: backing up novell 4.1 using backup exec and adsm

2015-10-04 17:47:37
Subject: Re: backing up novell 4.1 using backup exec and adsm
From: Nathan King
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I can't speak for Novell with Backup Exec and ADSM, but I have had the
experience of Backup Exec for NT with ADSM.
Personally I hate it. The performance is reasonable but the manageability
and reliability I have found to be nothing short of dreadful.
I've never had much luck with Seagate support either when something went
wrong. I always ended up fixing it myself.

Don't even think of upgrading to ADSM v3, although Backup Exec does work
with V3 it is not officially supported... It may appear otherwise on
Seagate's web site - They state they support ADSM v2.1 and above, although
when you call Tech Support with a problem they will turn down all calls for
anything where ADSM V3 is involved.

Nathan