ADSM-L

Antwort: MOVE DATA - newbie question

1999-02-09 03:54:20
Subject: Antwort: MOVE DATA - newbie question
From: Uwe Schoenacher <uwe.schoenacher AT LZB-BAYERN.BUNDESBANK DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:54:20 +0000
Hi Mihai,

when you have only one drive in your tapepool you have to do a
two-step-reclamation:

1. move the volume to a diskpool.
2. after that move the data on diskpool to the tape-storagepool.

automated reclamation will only work with two or more drives.

greetings
Uwe

Hello all,
We have a 3590 library  - single drive.
In one of my storage pools the first volume suffered an expiration
process, so now there is some space to be reclaimed.
According to the manual I have to use the MOVE DATA command.
Here is th error I get:
" move data process terminated on volume ....... - insufficient number
of mounts points available for removable media"
But it did not even ask me to manually mount anything, so?
Can I be sure that without the reclamation process being alright passed,
after the last volume in the storage pool will be filled, the ADSM
server will continue on the first volume?
Despite the fact that the reclamation threshold was set at 60%, the ADSM
did not start the process or writting an error message in the log.
Please reply also at iap AT tarom.logicnet DOT ro.
Thank you.

Best regards,

Mihai Iancu