ADSM-L

RMAN backup fails

1999-02-08 12:00:01
Subject: RMAN backup fails
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:00:01 -0700
hi,
I think, your recover catalog has some problems.  Was it working before or
is this the first time you are trying this?
If it was working before and just stop working, I would contact oracle.  If
you don't have any valuable data in it, by rerunning the catrman.sql might
solve your problem.
If this was your first time running have you run catrman.sql?  If you have
run it, was it finished successfully?

regards,
Thiha

>Hi, we're picking up the following error in our Oracle 8.04 RMAN (with
ADSM for AIX 3.1.21 >server and ADSMConnect at latest level). Has anyone
seen this before or know where the RMAN >error message descriptions can be
found?

>After connecting to the Recovery Catalog DB:

>RMAN-00569: ================error message stack follows================
>RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package failed
>RMAN-07001: could not open channel default
>RMAN-10008: could not create channel context
>RMAN-10024: error setting up for rpc polling
>RMAN-10006: error running sql statement: select distinct my.sid,
sex.serial
>from v$mystat my, x$ksusex sex where sex.sid = my.sid
>RMAN-10002: ORACLE error: ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer
>datatype

>We used to run ADSMConnect with EBU (Oracle 7) successfully before.
>The sql statement looks very suspect...but we cannot say if it belongs or
not.