ADSM-L

Database Backup

1999-02-07 14:42:37
Subject: Database Backup
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:42:37 -0600
Thanks to the Denver Unix Support guys,

I was a little nervous to shutdown the server. At least it was up and
running. I figure ADSM running without a DB backup - NOT GOOD.... ADSM Down,
won't start no DB backup - A REALLY BAD DAY.

I was doing the same thing that the Denver folks mentioned. I was deleting
quite a few filespaces no longer needed. Haven't watched the size of the log
in a while - learned my lesson there. Anyway after shutting down the server
and restarting the DB backup ran clean. All seems well.

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin
Enterprise Information Systems
Gaithersburg Md.