ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT ADSM server

1999-02-05 14:09:39
Subject: Re: Windows NT ADSM server
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:09:39 -0600
We have a similar configuration to the one mentioned below and we are
getting between 6 - 10Gig an hour.

Compaq Prolinea 4 x 400Mhz
1 Gig Ram
Dual Ethernet (one dedicated for backup)
RAID 5 for Storage Pools
DEC TL89 DLT library
ADSM 3

Client Compression OFF.

I've never found ADSM to be great on performance but in terms of
manageability and reliability it beats Backup Exec hands down.
Backup Exec is great for small shops with about ten to twenty servers, but
in terms of the Enterprise it's a long way behind.

We actually have Backup Exec installed on a number of servers already. It
has been the bain of my life!

At least when ADSM breaks down IBM I get good support. We have Seagate
Premium Support here.
I've had better technical support from Gardener's World.

Nathan