ADSM-L

Server to Server communication

1999-02-05 09:41:48
Subject: Server to Server communication
From: Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 06:41:48 PST
Hello ADSMers,

     I am thinking of a possibilty to install lets say
10 servers of ADSM with 3000 clients. Th idea is to have
a library attached to two or three servers then use
SERVER device class to send data to library.

I have the following questions:

1) I want to have seperate DB on each server & want to
   synch. them once a day so that  DBs on each server
   is the same & clients can backup & restore from
   any other server if the actual server is down.
   Is is possible or am I dreaming?

2) Is there any way by which I can share the ADSM database
   between various servers?

3) My target is to backup 1TB in 4 hours backup coming from
   various clients.

Any advice or experience.

Thanks in advance

Arshad Munir