ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:47:37

Wes,
        I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but...  you can run the Administrator command line with the -console option.

On NT client:

from the command prompt type dsmadmc -console

FYI:
Our environment
Server AIX 3.1
NT Client 3.1.0.6

    ----------
    From:   Wes Lewison[SMTP:WesLewison AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM]
    Reply To:       ADSM: Dist Stor Manager
    Sent:   Thursday, February 04, 1999 1:55 PM
    To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
    Subject:        ADSM Console??

            Question:  Before I was put in charge of ADSM for our company I saw
    that the previous ADSM manager had a console on his desktop that displayed
    something like a real-time activity log from the server.  I've been looking
    for the program that does this, and doing a q actlog gets tiresome if you
    just want to monitor what is going on.  I know you can run the server in the
    app mode and see what is going on, but that isn't really an option.

    Does anyone know of a little console app that just displays this?  Or am I
    missing something in the q actlog to make it loop?

    Fyi:    Windows NT Server v4.0 SP3
    ADSM v3.1.2.13

    -Wes Lewison
    Technical Programmer/ADSM Development