ADSM-L

Re: Management Class Specification

1999-02-04 11:26:53
Subject: Re: Management Class Specification
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:26:53 -0600
     First, that looks valid... should be working!

     OK, watch text case... is "Data" the proper case ?
     Are all the files you are concerned with in
        d:\Data\
     and are they of the nature *.*  and not a combination of *.* & *
     do any reside in sub directories ?
     My CYA answer to this would be to code
     Include d:\Data\* DATABASE_FILES
     Include d:\Data\*.* DATABASE_FILES
     Include d:\Data\...\* DATABASE_FILES
     Include d:\Data\...\*.* DATABASE_FILES

     the \...\ designates 0 or more subdirectory levels but I believe there
     was a glitch wayyyy back that had it being a 1 or more, that's why I
     go ahead and code such as listed above.

     BIG NOTE !!!

     include/excludes are processed from the BOTTOM up !

     if any include or exclude below your indicated one that matches your
     file names also (such as include d:\...\*) then that will bind your
     files and they will never hit a d:\Data\*.* found above

     OK
        include d:\...\*  mgmt1
        include d:\Data\* mgmt2
     OK