ADSM-L

dfs buta question

1999-02-04 08:22:13
Subject: dfs buta question
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 08:22:13 -0500
I've only used the dfs backup/archive client to perform incremental backups
and archives of dfs to ADSM.  They are going to move the backup dfs server
to another RS6000 this weekend and want a fileset backup, so I installed
buta and am trying to figure out how to use it.  I tried just specifying the
mgmtclass, password, and node parameters, but I get these messages:

Central logging not enabled
DSMAPI Agent(V3.1.5/V3.1.6):  TCID 0   Debug level 0   Cell
/.../indy.tce.com
buta: no servers appear to be up (dfs / ubk) can't establish instance Id

Does this have to run on the primary dfs server?  Do I need to specify the
tape coordinator id?  Does the dfs admin need to issue the bak addhost
command to "add" this to dfs?  Also, how do you then restore the file sets?
Is that done solely through DFS?

I've read and re-read the afs/dfs backup clients book, but it doesn't seem
to help a whole lot.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics
Systems Software
317-587-4292