ADSM-L

Re: DRM - tape recyling

1999-02-03 11:42:56
Subject: Re: DRM - tape recyling
From: ADSM <cs.adsm AT GALLAUDET DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:42:56 -0500
I am glad that I am not losing it. I did not do
anything other than get a list by doing a
q drmedia wherestate=vaultretrieve. There would be
tapes listed and when I do it again a day or two
later, some of those tapes are not listed. I will
try to watch it more closely and check the actlog.
Thanks, Charles

>That should not happen - if the tapes are in VAULTRETRIEVE
status, they
>should stay that way until you do the next MOVE DRMEDIA.
>The only exception I know of, is if you manually delete the
other data base
>entries for them.
>One way that can happen is if you do a DELETE VOLHISTORY for
Data base
>backup tapes before you get them moved back on site and checked
in.

>Can you check your activity log and find out of these tapes were
STGPOOL
>tapes or DBB tapes?
>
>> Hi Guys/Gals -
>>
>> I have a DRM on my ADSM system. We have our tapes check out
>> for off-site storage once a week. During the course of the
week,
>> there are tapes that shows up in the DRMEDIA to be retrieve.
>> After a while those tapes numbers do not showup again and I
have
>> not processed them to be "onsite" and checkin. It seems that
the
>> ADSM will just remove that tapeID after a while and that
confuses