ADSM-L

Problems with Lotus Notes Agent

1999-02-02 00:43:40
Subject: Problems with Lotus Notes Agent
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:43:40 +1100
G'day,

We are starting to implement the Lotus Notes Agent for our Notes Mail
servers and have come across a problem.

First, some configuration details:

Lotus Notes 4.6.1 on WindowsNT
Notes Agent 2.1.8A
ADSM Server 3.1.2.1 on AIX 4.2.1
WindowsNT 4.0 SP3

We had problems a few days back with users getting errors saying that their
Notes database was locked. This was while the Notes Agent was running. We
stopped the agent but the lock persisted. So I guess that it is possible
that it was something else that was doing the locking, but installed the
agent was the only recent change to the box.

We have been trying to replicate this problem on our development server but
have been unable to. However we have been 'successful' in getting the Agent
to fail in the same way while Notes has the .nsf file open (via the Notes
server). The error is:

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
ADSMConnect Agent for Lotus Notes - Version 2.1.8A
(Built with Lotus Notes 4.5 API)
(C)  Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1998, All Rights Reserved.
NOTES: This database is currently being used by someone else.  In order to
share a Notes database, all users must use a Notes Server instead of a File
Server.

However, while Notes has the .nsf open via the server, causing the Agent to
fail, we can open the same .nsf file locally on the machine running the
agent.

What are we doing wrong?

regards,

Trevor