ADSM-L

Re: Notes Agent error log

1999-02-01 12:38:15
Subject: Re: Notes Agent error log
From: Edward baxter <edward_b_t AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:38:15 -0800
Steve,
look for the log.dsm in the directory your notes files reside in.  You
stated e:\notes, look there first, there should only be two places
this file exists.  The directory stated on initial setup and the area
your notes files exist if there is an error in the setup.  Check your
Notes.ini to make sure you have your dsmnotes_dir set there, and
you've updated the program record in notes so it doesn't change the
ini.  Try running 'dsmnotes ch -adsmpw=? -newadsmpw=?'.  This
generates an entry in the log.dsm and establishes contact with the
server.

---Steve Harrison <sharris1 AT ISMA DOT COM> wrote:

> Good day all ...
>
> while trying to run a test incremental of a notes db using the ADSM
connect
> agent for notes, I get the following error :
> ANS0931E Cannot log errors.  The message book states that this error
"An
> attempt was made to initiate error logging, which includes either
opening
> or creating a LOG.DSM file. The attempt failed. " And the remedy is to
> check the log.dsm file for an explaination.  My question is, where
is this
> file?  I have set the enviroment variable dsmnotes_logdir but no
log.dsm
> file resides there ... !
>
> Here is the command I am using: dsmnotes incre e:\notes
-adsmpw=xxxxxxx