ADSM-L

LABEL LIBV versus DSMLABEL

2015-10-04 17:47:36
Subject: LABEL LIBV versus DSMLABEL
From: Johan Pol
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi ADSM fans,

Is there anyone who have experience with the labelling of tapes.
We are using a Windows NT 4.0 environment, with IBM Magstar 3570 connected.
Further we are using ADSM Version 3.1 for the servers and Version 3.1.3 on
the NT client.

If we label tapes with the LABEL LIBV MAGLIB LABELSOURCE=BARCODE
CHECKIN=SCR OVERWRITE=NO SEARCH=YES command, none of the tapes are
labelled.
If we however use the DSMLABEL.EXE -DRIVE=xx,xx -LIBRARY=xxx -OVERWRITE
-SEARCH -BARCODE - KEEP utility it worked fine.
I thought that LABEL LIBV has the same functionality as the DSMLABEL
I thought that LABEL LIBV has the same functionality as the DSMLABEL
command ???

with kind regards, / met vriendelijke groeten,
Johan Pol
Boerhaavelaan 11 - 2713 HA - Zoetermeer - Tel. (+31)79 3223051 - Fax.
(+31)79 3213989
Internet :JPol AT nl.ibm DOT com / johan.pol AT xerion.be.philips DOT com