ADSM-L

Questions...

2015-10-04 17:47:36
Subject: Questions...
From: Don Burdette
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
First, I want to thank everyone for their help in getting my first AIX box
up and running with ADSM. Your help was appreciated!  Now I have a bunch of
other questions:

1) We have been backing up four NT servers that are running Lotus Notes. We
started by backing up the entire server with the ADSM Client and then later
introduced the Notes Agent. So effectively we are backing up the notes data
twice. We are comfortable enough with the Notes Agent to begin excluding
the Notes data directory from the ADSM client and relying only on the Notes
Agent. The question is, how do we get rid of the duplicate ADSM data?  We
could wait till it all expires (a year from now), but we would like to get
rid of it sooner, because:

2) We have been backing up straight to tape, but have recently installed
enough disk storage to start keeping the active copy of the data on disk,
as long as we are not saving two copies of the Notes data.
Do we just use the move data command to move the data off the tape and over
to the disk pool?  What else do I need to be aware before making this move?

Thanks for your help!

Don Burdette