ADSM-L

Lost disk

1999-01-29 16:41:00
Subject: Lost disk
From: Todd Mitchell <TMitchell AT WBLTD DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:41:00 -0600
Hi all,

We had a disk failure this week with our RS/6000 ADSM Server.  The ADSM
data was stored in a directory on this disk.

My question:

We have been running the dumpdb command each day and have a current dump.
In reading the command to reload this dump, it mentions that an install must be
run first.  Our base ADSM system is okay (it resides on the rootvg which was not
effected by the disk loss).  Can we bypass the install step?

Are there any other gotchas we should be watching out for?

Thanks for any input and ideas.

Todd Mitchell
Wagner and Brown, Ltd.
300 N. Marienfeld