ADSM-L

Re: internal 8mm support with ADSM v3.1

1999-01-29 10:34:14
Subject: Re: internal 8mm support with ADSM v3.1
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:34:14 -0600

              Mount Retention (min): 10
                       Label Prefix: ADSM
                            Library: MANULIBR
                          Directory:
                        Server Name:
                       Retry Period:
                     Retry Interval:

     adsm> q drive
     Library Name  Drive Name    Device Type  Device           ON LINE
     ------------  ------------  -----------  --------  --------------
     MANULIBR      MANUDR00      8MM          /dev/mt0          Yes

     adsm>

Subject: internal 8mm support with ADSM v3.1
Author:  thaddad (thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM) at unix,mime
Date:    1/29/99 8:53 AM

I have ADSM v3.1 on AIX v4.3(model H50) ..I want to use the internal 8mm device
as the output device when I schedule my database backups. Right now Im using
tapes in a 3570 Mod C, but that  ALOT of wasted space on a tape that I could be
using for client data.

Can this device be used? I've always used other devices (SCSI) in the past with
success.

8MM (its defined to ADSM as device RMT0)

DEFINE LIBRARY libname LIBTYP=SCSI
DEFINE DRIVE libname drivename  DEV=/DEV/RMT0
ELEMENT=????? (if any)
DEFINE DEVCLASS devclassname DEVTYPE=8MM FORMAT=8200 LIBR=libname MOUNTL=1.....

Am I close?