ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 21 Jan 1999 to 22 Jan 1999

1999-01-29 09:13:02
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 21 Jan 1999 to 22 Jan 1999
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:13:02 -0500
I have some questions about how your use of a different node for monthly
backups.

Do you do a selective backup to get all files, or just run an incremental?

Do you specify # versions for retention or use unlimited and rely on the #
days retention of extra and last backup?

If you use selective backup, how is this any better than just doing an
archive?

I'd like to get this info in case I get a request to do this down the road.
Thanks.

Tina