ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Ann,
Some suggestions

The 3570 tape changer sees the drives as "slots" - you can confirm the location
 - or
"slot number" of your drive with the "inventory" option of the "mtlib" command -
which is part of the Atape fileset (make sure that your Atape fileset is up to
date -
your new motherboard probably needs the latest - you can get it from
ftp://index.storsys.ibm.com) - it goes something like:

mtlib - f /dev/rmtx inventory      (x=0,1,....)

the drive must be unused at the time or an error occurs ( you may want to pipe
more)

Typically you will see the drive at slot number 17 (or something like that)

Make sure that the Q LIBR F=D returns a matching slot number (I think it is
called
the connection address)

BTW you can use the mtlib command to move a (non ADSM) tape into the drive slot
and
test a native AIX command like tar just to see if the drive is working OK

The following applies to a 3570 standalone - not sure about the 3575.

Your drive will have lost it's settings with a motherboard replacement. Make
sure it
isn't a simple problem like the operational mode that the 3570 is set to run in
-
"BASE" "AUTOMATIC" and "RANDOM" are your choices - the 3570 manual has a section
telling you which mode to run with ADSM (sorry I forget which one is the
correct mode
BASE ?)

I would try running an audit on the libary and other stuff before proceeding any
further.

Following this I would try re-installing the drive(s)  to AIX because the
microcode
level on the drive is used to build the /dev/rmtx device logical file
Get a listing of your drive connection addresses with the lsdev command as you
need
to know where they are connected (SCSI adapter and ID) to redefine them.
Stop the ADSM server
In AIX remove the drives using smit or the rmdev command (be sure to remove the
ODM
entries)
Use "smit tape" fastpath and select 3570 drives and define them ( make sure
they are
available again with the lsdev command)
Start the ADSM server again and do some testing.

Sorry - don't have time to suggest anything else

If this fails try redefining the drives and library to ADSM using the "delete
drive"
and "delete library" commands and the "define drive" and "define library"
commands to
redefine the drives and library - I think your deviceclass setting should not
change
(?)
In defining the library and the drive you need to use the slot number of *only
one*
drive as the ADSM server  talks to the 3570 SCSI bus to control the operations
of the
3570.
Test again