ADSM-L

ebutool is not deleting old backups ?!?

1999-01-22 07:54:28
Subject: ebutool is not deleting old backups ?!?
From: Etienne Brachel <hc_dmsr AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:54:28 PST
Hi Everybody,

I got a strange problem...

I scheduled the next command on an AIX server 4.2.1 with Oracle 7.3.3
installed and it really runs....

ebutool -db_name=BAANIV -Purgejobs=5

This should delete backups older than 5 days in Oracle's backup catalog
and also give the appropriate deleting API calls to the ADSM server
Database. It does delete the backups in the Oracle's catalog.. but there
are no function calls or any sessions in ADSM!

If a backup fails... the API calls from de EBU command to delete backups
are coming through allright... what is wrong with the EBUTOOL that it
does not send its API calls to delete the objects in ADSM ?

Maybe I forgot something.... can anyone help me ?

thanks in advance,

Etienne Brachel