ADSM-L

Accessing 3494 from ADSM

1999-01-21 17:46:09
Subject: Accessing 3494 from ADSM
From: Martha McConaghy <URMMNET AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:46:09 EST
I'm in the process of trying to get ADSM v2.1.0 on VM to work with an
IBM 3494 tape library.  We have SMS installed and it seems to be working.
The mount is issued and the drive gets attached to DSMSERV.  However,
ADSM then rejects the drive with the message:

ANR5305E: Device 1700 is not a supported CARTRIDGE device.

I had the CARTRIDGE device class defined with FORMAT=DEVICE, but also
tried FORMAT=3490C, with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?  Could it be
the device class definition, or something else?  I'm stymied.

Martha