ADSM-L

Re: exclude.fs was included

1999-01-21 08:15:46
Subject: Re: exclude.fs was included
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:15:46 -0500
On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Joel Fuhrman wrote:

> We have a backup.exclude file, which hasn't changed in 6 month, which
> contains the line "exclude.fs /checkpoint".  On day last week, ADSM suddenly
> decides to back up the /checkpoint file system.
>
> As any one else experienced a surprise backup of an excluded filesystem?
>
> AIX ADSM client 3.1.0.5
> AIX ADSM server 3.1.2.1

Yes.  In my cases, I have seen it start backing up the cdrom, and an NFS
mountpoint which is actually an optical (jukebox) filesystem.  I have seen
this with Sun ADSM server 3.1.2.0 and Sun client 3.1.0.3 and 3.1.0.5.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,