ADSM-L

I/O error reading label using AIT drives.

1999-01-20 04:29:54
Subject: I/O error reading label using AIT drives.
From: Fredrik Lundholm <exce7 AT CE.CHALMERS DOT SE>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:29:54 +0100
I often get spurious:
ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume CE11 in drive A (/dev/rmt/2mt).
ANR1402W Mount request denied for volume CE11 - volume unavailable.
ANR1410W Access mode for volume CE11 now set to     "unavailable".

This happens with several tapes and both our drives in our brand new
ADIC VLS-SDX dual AIT changer. I tried cleaning the mechs to no avail...

Some tapes are only filled with one or two gigabytes when this happens and
some are fille with 40-55 GB of data.

What could possibly be wrong?

/wfr
--