ADSM-L

Re: Tape Volumes

1999-01-19 15:27:06
Subject: Re: Tape Volumes
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:27:06 -0500
Thank you to all in reference to restoring a tape volume. I have another
question to ask however. One of the disk storage pools I had defined were on
an external RAID box that has failed and now the system logs tons of errors
whenever you try to read or write to it. Needless to say I marked that
volume as destroyed also. It was a 13gb volume. I created another volume
that was 11gb on a different disk and assigned it to the same storage pool
as the 13gb volume and varied the 13gb volume off-line. Now my question is
what is the proper procedure to remove the references to the original 13gb
volume. Should I try and restore the 13gb volume from tapes or just delete
the volume? If I delete the volume it will delete all references of the
files on the copy pools too, right. So I guess I should do a restore volume
to it specifying the new volume name?

Thanks again,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.