ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & Exchange 4.0

1999-01-15 05:34:27
Subject: Re: ADSM & Exchange 4.0
From: fx aka fx <efix AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 02:34:27 PST
>From:         "Hesseltine, Bob" <RHesseltine AT OPTIMA DOT ORG>
>Date:         Thu, 14 Jan 1999 15:44:28 -0500

>We just installed ADSM Version 3 and are currently experiencing
problems
>with the Exchange Client.  We get successful backups, but after
>restoring to the test exchange server and starting up the exchange
>services, we are getting reports of a bad page or mailboxes loaded with
>messages that can not be deleted.  Has anyone run into problems like
>this or have any recommendations?

 i did not already test the exchange client but my experience with
exchange has taught me to always after a cold restore of the
exchange db use the edbutil before relaunching the services, don't
remember exactly the switch to use (-patch ?).

 hope this helps.

 amicalement,
               fx

---
       fx AT 4js DOT com         | The ten thousand things.
       fx AT 4js DOT com         | The ten thousand things.
Networking & system stuff | How long do any persist?
  http://www.4js.com/     | Netscape, too, has gone.